It can take different forms, such as the inability to fall asleep when going to bed, waking up during the night and not being able to fall back asleep, or not sleeping at all. 50% of insomnia disorders are attributed to anxiety, stress, or depression.
- Emotional or mental disorders.
- Chronic illness such as Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, Parkinson's.
- Diet: eating late at night, too much food, indigestion, coffee consumption.
- Jet lag
- Medications such as beta blockers or decongestants.
- Lack of Calcium and magnesium.
- Sedentary lifestyle!
- Restless leg syndrome, sleep Apnea may also be the cause of insomnia.
- Supplement with Calcium and Magnesium (it has a calming effect).
- Melatonin 2 hrs before bedtime (It is a natural hormone to promote sleep used occasionally only and do not give it children).
- Herbs: Valerian root, lemon balm, kava kava or hops in tea form before bed.
- Food that promotes sleep to be eaten at dinner time or as a snack before bed: banana, figs, dates, nut butter, turkey, yogurt.
- Food that stimulate your brain and to be avoided at night: cheese, sugar, chocolate, bacon, ham, sausage, sauerkraut, tomatoes, spinach and eggplant.
- Do not eat large meals in the evenings.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, and any stimulants 6 hrs before bed.
- Go to bed when tired, establish regular sleeping patterns, do not watch Tv in bed, do not read or watch stimulating programs (No "Breaking Bad" right before sleep!), use your bedroom only for sleep and sex, sleep in a dark quiet room with a comfortable temperature.
- Take a hot bath before bed.
- Exercise regularly.
- Put your worries out of your mind and concentrate on pleasant memories.
- Have you tried acupuncture and Chinese Medicine? It works wonders for sleep.
Healing Cedar Wellness
"I love my job!
"I feel blessed to a have supporting husband, a loyal dog, amazing friends and to live in beautiful Port Moody, BC"
Clara Cohen.com Terms And Conditions Of Use
All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner of www.claracohen.com will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.This terms and conditions is subject to change at anytime with or without notice.